What are double glazed awning windows?
Double glazed Awning windows can come in different frame materials like aluminium, timber or uPVC. We specialize in manufacturing Double glazed windows Perth with uPVC frames. Being the only UPVC profile extruder in the country who also manufacture and fabricate our own window systems locally we are often asked what is the best window assembly. Window designs are entirely region related, for example in Europe Tilt and turn windows are a standard normal whereas in the UK it is awning windows. Whilst double glazing Perth is a relatively new market, we generally feel for Australian designed houses awning windows tend to work the best.
The key difference between and aluminium single glazed awning window and a Canon double glazed uPVC awning window is the difference in the seals, hinges and locking mechanisms. uPVC double glazed awning windows are by far much more superior to its aluminium counterpart. Aluminium windows are based around brush seals, which do not provide a high level of air tightness, uPVC awning windows are based around EPDM dual sealed systems ensuring a total air tightness. Aluminium windows rely on the extrusion pocket to act as a hinge, whereas in uPVC we use specialist heavy duty friction hinges for the window operation due to the weight of the sash and glass. uPVC awning windows also boast of a 3-4 point locking system compared to a single point locking system in aluminium via use of a chain winder.
Awning windows are great for conserving space as they awn outwards and do not take up room inside the house. They also help providing optimum air flow and ventilation and the hardware is capable of adding restrictors to various opening angles to increase level of security. Double glazed awning windows are equipped with a minimum glazed unit size of 28mm and can be increased to a 40mm unit which can be a triple glazed panel.
In terms of pricing, uPVC Awning windows are the most cost effective compared to the rest of the window systems as they are much easier to manufacture as well as very quick to install. Since the hardware is robust and glazing requires only balancing the glass, this type of window system requires little or no maintenance and warranty periods exceed 10 years
Double glazed awning windows can also be fitted with a chain winding system, or a triple lock point cam locking system, therefore it has versatility to provide a system that is more suited to customer choice.
Flyscreen systems are also very customisable with awning windows. We are able to provide retractable flyscreen option to double glazed awning windows, which means the only time the flyscreen is pulled down is when the window is open, this increases the longevity of the flyscreen as it is not exposed to the weather 24×7. It also gives a more elegant view of the windows and glass unlike a fixed flyscreen which is unsightly and blocks clear views through the window. Due to the versatility of awning windows fixed flyscreens are also possible.
Therefore to summarize Canon Double glazed windows Perth manufacture and introduce an agenda in a short point form to highlight the unique advantages of its awning and casement window systems.
1) Awning windows boast a 3-4 point locking system
2) Frame and Sash EPDM seal to provide optimum air tightness
3) Ease of operation and Awning windows do not intrude space in the room
4) Can boast U Values as low as 1.2 with 40mm glazed unit in a triple glazing composition
5) Highly secure and can be restricted at any point to increase security/pool regulations
6) Most cost effective double glazed window system due to ease of manufacture and Install
7) High warranty periods due to simplicity and robustness of hardware systems
8) Can be made as a traditional chainwinding system or a handle operated 3 point Cam locking system
9) Flyscreens customisable, can use retractable screens or fixed screens
10) BAL rated screens possible with awning windows
11) System can easily be reversed to create a outward casement window for cross ventilation
12) All internally beaded systems for added security, with an insulated 5 chambered hollow frame and sash profile.
Why opt for Canon Double glazed awning windows for your next project?
Based on the highlighted points above, we believe our Awning windows are the best systems in Double Glazing Perth. With most of the customer base being migrants from the UK, these window systems are very well understood and appreciated. Get in contact and Talk to our team if you have any queries regarding the advantages of our awning or casement window system. Whether it is replacement windows or windows for a new build you will never go wrong with Canon Awning and Casement double glazed systems.